Drainage works that require a new engineer's report may include the following:
- Installation of a new drain
- Installation of a new culvert
- Drain realignment
- Change of use or subsequent connection
- New assessment schedule
Municipal Drain Funding
Construction costs on municipal drains are paid for by the property owners who are assessed on the drainage report. Costs are billed to the property owners after construction has been completed.
The Agricultural Drainage Infrastructure Program (ADIP) is run by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) which offers a one third agricultural grant to eligible farmland properties to help with the cost of drainage maintenance and capital projects. For more information about these programs please visit the OMAFRA website (link below).
- Amounts over $500.00 are invoiced to property owners with the option to finance over a period of time
- Amounts under $500.00 are collected on the tax roll