The Municipality of Southwest Middlesex (SWM) continues to work with all levels of government and the Middlesex London Health Unit to ensure the safety and well-being of citizens, businesses and staff. The Province of Ontario released guidance on proof of vaccination, and SWM will adhere to its direction on vaccine requirements for those who access SWM facilities effective Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021 - Ontario Releasing Guidance to Support Proof of Vaccination Policy | Ontario Newsroom
Individuals aged 12 and older, including parents/guardians spectating, will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and have received their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering a Southwest Middlesex facility, unless the individual qualifies for an exemption.
Masks are mandatory when entering, exiting and travelling throughout the facility, and while watching and/or waiting for participants in programs. Masks must be worn while participating in programs, except during physical activity.
Check-in process upon arrival:
- There will be one designated entrance for check-in (please refer to directional signage on-site). Staff will greet you/your child at the entrance. You will be required to provide proof of identification and vaccination to staff.
- If you are unable to enter the facility due to vaccination status, staff will meet your child at the entrance and have them wait until a member responsible for the recreation programming can take them to their group, and then return them to you after the recreation programming is completed.
- Active screening and contact tracing are also required.
It is recommended you arrive approximately 15 minutes before your program starts to allow for check-in time. Please note, access to your program area will not be granted until the program start time, unless space permits.
Proof of vaccination is not required for the following:
- Children under the age of 12
- Youth under the age of 18 who are actively participating in an organized sport, including training, practices, games and competitions, including:
- sports leagues
- organized pick-up sports
Individuals with a medical exemption are required to present identification and appropriate written documentation from a medical doctor or registered nurse stating the individual is exempt for a medical reason and the time period for the medical reason.
SWM continues to adhere to Provincial direction. Details are available in the Ontario Regulation 645/21 “Reopening Ontario Act, 2020” available for download or print.