Southwest Middlesex is accepting applications for the position of road worker (October 18, 2021 to March 31, 2022) until Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 12 noon local time. Duties include but are not limited to winter maintenance such as equipment operation, snow plowing, sanding/salting, tree removal, sign maintenance and other activities on all municipal roads in Southwest Middlesex.
- Union position covered under UNIFOR Local 414
- Hourly pay range is $22.13 to $24.39
- 37.5 hours per schedule work week - must be available to work on weekends and afternoon hours if required
- Reports to the Public Works Manager or designate
Please submit applications through the link provided on this page, directly to the municipal office at 153 McKellar Street in Glencoe, by email to @email or by fax to 519-287-2359.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- valid D-Z Driver's License
- experience snow plowing, sanding/salting using axel and tandem combination units
- capable of operating front end loaders
- capable of operating hand power tools
- knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act