Southwest Middlesex has weekly curbside garbage and recycling collection administered by Waste Management. Garbage and recycling must be placed into the waste management bins and placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
Garbage and Recycling Collection
Garbage and recycling must be placed in the waste management bin at the curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day. The 95 gallon collection carts must be placed at least three feet away from all objects including your second cart, mailbox, cars, or trees. The lid opening should face the street with the wheels facing the opposite side.
- Waste Managment's Recycle Right information
- Printable pdf version of route map and collection schedule
The Trillium Transfer Station at 3945 Trillium Drive is operated by Waste Management on behalf of the municipality. It is open to all Southwest Middlesex residents.
Important things to know before going there:
- Valid identification is required
- Cash only
- Open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (may be closed on holidays such as Christmas, boxing day or New Years day)
- Residents of Southwest Middlesex may use the Twin Creeks landfill located at 8039 Zion Line, Watford, for a fee. Please call 519-849-5810 for details such as hours of operation and accepted items.
- all large household waste (furniture, appliances, small amounts of minor construction debris, treated or painted wood) - CHARGES APPLY
- whitegoods (stoves, freezers, refrigerators, etc. and must be certified freon free to be accepted) - FREE
- bulk recyclables other than household curbside pick-up - CHARGES APPLY
- clean wood and brush, scrap metal, e-waste, compostable yard waste, tires without rims - FREE
Materials Not Accepted:
- bagged household waste
- household recyclable items
- hazardous household waste
- asphalt roof shingles
- construction debris over one (1) pick-up load per day
- bio-medical, radioactive or explosive waste
Transfer Station Rates:
|Pick-up Truck (full)||$30.00|
|Single Axle Trailer||$35.00 - $50.00|
|Oversize Trailer or Large Trucks||$55.00 - $150.00|
|Clean Wood & Brush||FREE|
|Compostable Materials (Yard Waste)||FREE|
|Tires without Rims||FREE|
Need to Get Rid of Large Bulky Items?
There are also options for any larger items that you are not able to transport to the transfer station.
- Waste Management have dumpster rentals available for anyone taking on a clean-up or renovation project. Dumpsters come in various sizes depending on needs. Please contact Waste Management customer services for additional details at https://www.wm.com/us/en/home/large-trash-pickup or call them at 1-800-665-1898
- Residents may be able to arrange for the pick up of large bulky items through Waste Management - please contact Waste Management customer services at https://www.wm.com/us/en/home/large-trash-pickup or call them at 1-800-665-1898
Have a missed collection?
Report it to Waste Management at 1-800-665-1898 and follow the prompts 1-1-2-1.
Battery Disposal and Household Hazardous Waste
How to Properly Dispose of Used Batteries
In July 2020, a new provincial regulation affecting battery recycling took effect in Ontario, making battery producers, importers and brand owners responsible for the end-of-life management of their products. To find out more about these changes, tips for safely storing used batteries and to find places locally to take batteries please go to Call2Recycle - just type your postal code in the box provided at the top of the page and it will show all locations near you that accept used batteries.
Hazardous Household Waste Disposal
Southwest Middlesex residents are able to take household hazardous waste to the City of London at their 3502 Manning Drive site (off Wellington Road South of Highway 401). The details of what can be taken to the special collection site and their hours of operation are found on the City of London website - details.