Southwest Middlesex offers marriage licenses services. Southwest Middlesex does not perform civil marriage ceremonies.
Every marriage in Ontario requires a Marriage License before the ceremony takes place.
- Licenses are issued at the municipal office from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- To avoid delay, applicants are encouraged to book an appointment in advance by contacting the municipal office.
- Be sure to read the following information to ensure you have the information when applying for a license.
Application & the Marriage Certificate
- A Marriage Licence Application form must be completed and signed by both parties to the marriage.
- The form must be submitted in person by the applicant and/or joint applicant with the appropriate documents.
- Upon completion of a wedding ceremony, you can apply for your marriage certificate from the Registrar General through Service Ontario.
The fee for a marriage license is $125.00.
You must be at least 18 years old to be married in Ontario by license or under the authority of the publication of banns without authorization or parental consent. If you are 16 or 17 years old you may marry if you have the consent in writing of both parents. Other restrictions may apply.
The applicant (or applicants) apply in person to the marriage license issuer to obtain a license. They will need to bring identification, such as a birth certificate (along with any change of name certificates), current passport, Record of Immigrant Landing or Canadian citizenship card along with each person's photo identification.
If you are getting remarried after a divorce you are required to provide proof of your divorce. A copy of the Divorce Certificate can be obtained from the court where your divorce was heard.
Facility Rentals for Weddings
If you are interested in booking a community centre or park for your wedding shower, ceremony or reception, please visit our Facilities information.