The Alcohol and Gaming Commission (AGCO) is responsible for administering the lottery licensing program in the Province of Ontario. Municipalities are partners with AGCO in issuing lottery licenses to eligible organizations.
If your organization is running a lottery, you likely require a license.
The Municipality of Southwest Middlesex issues licenses for:
- bingo events, with prize boards of up to $5,500;
- media bingo events with prizes up to $5,500;
- break open tickets for local organizations;
- raffle lotteries for total prizes of $50,000 and under; and
- bazaar lotteries not exceeding $500
Only eligible charitable organizations can apply for a municipal lottery license. Eligibility for lottery licensing is based on four charitable categories:
- Relief of Poverty
- Advancement of Religion
- Advancement of Education
- Charitable Purposes Beneficial to the Community
To apply for a lottery license please review:
We ask that all lottery applications arrive at least 30 days prior to the date of the event/start of the event. Staff can assist you with questions (including eligibility questions) concerning all charitable lottery events.
More information about lottery eligibility and detailed requirements can be found by visiting Alcohol and Gaming Commission website. Approved lottery events are detailed in the Lottery Licensing Program Manual (LLPM) available through the AGCO website.